- Thirty-six years after the publication of The Shining, Stephen King published a sequel which follows Danny Torrance as an adult. What is its title?
- In Egyptian mythology, god of the afterlife Anubis is the son of Set and this goddess, who helps usher people through the “death experience.”
- What is the name of the seaside resort town terrorized by the great white shark in Jaws?
- The (named) fairy servants of Oberon and Titania in A Midsummer Night’s Dream are Peaseblossom, Mustardseed, Moth, and who?
- John Bellairs’ The House with a Clock in its Walls begins with a newly-orphaned boy moving to the town of New Zebedee, Michigan, to live with his mysterious uncle. What is the boy’s name?
- The films The Innocents (1961), Presence of Mind (1999), and In a Dark Place (2006) all tell the story of a governess to two orphaned children who comes to believe that they are being haunted by the house’s former servants. What novella are these films all based upon?
- This gothic novel by Nathaniel Hawthorne follows the fortunes of the Pyncheon family in the gloomy New England mansion which gives the book its title.
- Restless, vengeful ghosts are a staple of legends worldwide. What was the name given to these malignant spirits in ancient Rome?
- What animal is the house mascot for Hufflepuff?
- Which of these is NOT a clan from Vampire: The Masquerade?
(Answers below the fold)