(No prizes, but if you can answer them all without googling you get bragging rights.)
- In Stephen King’s Misery, Annie Wilkes has a pet named “Misery.” What kind of animal is it?
- Jaws author Peter Benchley has a cameo in the movie. Who does he play?
A) Newspaper reporter
B) Marine biologist
C) TV newscaster
- An orangutan is revealed to be the murderer in this story by Edgar Allan Poe, widely viewed as the first modern detective story.
- In Poltergeist, this pet dies early in the film. Its burial in the backyard foreshadows the discovery of other things buried there.
- The classic Hitchcock movie The Birds was loosely based on a short story of the same name by this goth-friendly author.
- This H.P. Lovecraft novella details an expedition to Antarctica and the discovery of Elder Things who use giant mutated penguins as livestock.
A) The White Ship
B) Beyond the Wall of Sleep
C) The Nameless City
D) At the Mountains of Madness
E) The Other Gods
- Harold the dog and Chester the cat are convinced that their family’s new pet rabbit is a vampire in this cute children’s story.
- Sherlock Holmes uses this dog as a tracker in several stories.
- The monsters in the classic SF/horror film Them! are giant irradiated specimens of what insect?
- In Jurassic Park, gaps in dinosaur DNA are filled with DNA from what modern creature?
(Answers below the fold)
- C) TV newscaster
- The Murders in the Rue Morgue
- C) Parakeet
- Daphne du Maurier
- D) At the Mountains of Madness
- A) Toby
- D) Frog