- Vincent Price’s last motion picture appearance was in this Tim Burton film.
A) Sweeney Todd
B) Edward Scissorhands
C) Dark Shadows
D) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
E) Mars Attacks
- Who died on Halloween 1926 from the results of an ill-timed punch to the stomach?
- In Labyrinth, the head Firey is voiced by the performer who also voiced this muppet.
A) Bunsen Honeydew
C) Oscar the Grouch
E) The Great Gonzo
- Complete this line: “Fair is foul and foul is fair…”
- “No, nor did he believe it even now. Though he looked the phantom through and through, and saw it standing before him; though he felt the chilling influence of its death-cold eyes; and marked the very texture of the folded kerchief bound about its head and chin, which wrapper he had not observed before; he was still incredulous, and fought against his senses.” What great ghost story is this description from?
A) The Turn of the Screw, Henry James
B) The Death of Halpin Frayser, Ambrose Bierce
C) Afterward, Edith Wharton
D) The Horla, Guy de Maupassant
E) A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens
- What movie series, originally helmed by the Wayans Brothers, uses the title Wes Craven initially wanted for his slasher film, Scream?
- This was H.P. Lovecraft’s favorite author, to whom he once referred as “my god of fiction.”
A) M.R. James
B) Algernon Blackwood
C) Edgar Allan Poe
D) Walter de la Mare
E) Clark Ashton Smith
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer occasionally made favorable reference to this woman-warrior TV series, which returned the favor by mentioning a play titled “Buffus the Bacchae Slayer” in one episode.
- This comedy/thriller short film was Sam Raimi’s first directing work; it also co-stars his future regular collaborator Bruce Campbell.
A) It’s Murder!
B) Easy Wheels
C) A Simple Plan
- Perhaps best known for her short story, “The Lottery,” this author turned out many creepy classics including The Sundial, The Haunting of Hill House, and We Have Always Lived in the Castle
(Answers below the fold)